Tourism Australia’s ipad app – There’s Nothing Like Australia – is dividing users with 30 people giving it a five-star rating and 19 giving it just one star (from a total of 77 ratings at the time of writing).
Other iPhone apps created by tourism bodies around the country, including Tourism Australia’s OZ Planner app, are receiving very low ratings by users on average – certainly not good news for the tourism sector generally.
iPhone apps tracked down by micenet AUSTRALIA reveal the following:
- Tourism Australia OZ Planner – two-and-a-half stars (38 ratings)
- Tourism Queensland – Queensland – 2 stars (673 ratings)
- Tourism Western Australia – Experience WA – four stars (27 ratings)
- Tourism Western Australia – Explore WA – two stars (10 ratings)
- Tourism Tasmania – DiscoverTasmania – one-and-a-half stars (eight ratings)
- Tourism NT – iOutbackNT – three stars – 263 ratings
Of the figures, micenet AUSTRALIA spoke to one “app-spert” who did not want to be named because of their links to the sector said app ratings really can’t be relied on because most people only rate apps if they love them or hate them.
“But what they are good for is giving the app creators ideas for when they are updating their apps, and they should be updated regularly.”