Staging Connections is pleased to announce the recent appointment of Daniel Lourenco to head of production Sydney.
Having started with Staging Connections in 1998 as a trainee, Lourenco has progressed in his career from a crew member, through to technical director, and will now lead the team at Staging Connections offices in Sydney.
Throughout Daniel’s time with Staging Connections he has worked around the world on landmark events for prominent local and international organisations including Telstra, Microsoft, Amway and HP.
Daniel has always been an active member of the Staging Connections team and has worked not just within the Sydney based team but with the interstate and international Staging Connections teams, creating a strong foundation of knowledge sharing that has proved invaluable and will continue to do so as he cements his position as the head of production, Sydney.
His passion and dedication for the events industry and support for the development of the younger generation is something that has always driven him.
When asked why he made the step out from behind the tech desk to take up the mantle of head of production Lourenco said: “The opportunity to take on the role was very exciting for me. I am a passionate member of the events industry and I truly love what I do –bringing to life the ideas and vision of my clients”.
“The ability to continue doing it and share that passion and love for the industry with others in my team and the younger members of the industry as they enter was something that I just couldn’t pass up,” he said.
“Another deciding factor was definitely my experience on the ground. Having made my way from the ground up I understand the day to day of my team’s lives and the value that they all bring to the organisation and the way it operates. With this knowledge I am armed to create efficiencies that will not only help the team in achieving their goals but also the organisation in our task of continuous improvement.”
Join MEA in Kuala Lumpur
Meetings & Events Australia (MEA) has recently announced that it will hold its Annual National Conference 2014 in Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. The Conference will be held from 15-17 May 2014. This will provide a convenient stopover for MEA members en route to IMEX Frankfurt from 20-22 May 2014.
MEA was last off shore in the year 2000 (Hong Kong) and after careful consideration the Board of Directors deemed the timing perfect to conference within an Asian economy.
The MEA National Conference 2014 will give you the opportunity to experience the most up to date technology, industry trends, best practices and global issues along with excellent networking and the very best that the host city has to offer.
In addition the conference will;
- Offer you an opportunity to witness firsthand the options that associations and conferences have in the wider region
- Assist you find out about Australia’s competition and what we need to do to be more competitive on an international stage
- Afford you with an opportunity to access Asia
- Provide networking and professional development opportunities
- Supply a business exchange program
- Give you the chance to think beyond local and participate in the global village
- Enable you to learn from the experience
- Deliver an opportunity to showcase your own talents
- Enhance your ability to find out what trends are shaping events in Asia and how that will impact Australia
- Empower you to source creative ideas for your upcoming events
- Expose you to a range of world class venues
- Experience event service levels in an Asian destination and question how your business compares
- Facilitate an opportunity for some pre and post activity around nearby destinations and clients
- Choose from both Australian and International education streams