01 kg Chicken (Cuts as per your choice)
02 ts Ginger Garlic paste
02-03 ts Red chilli powder
02 ts Salt
Half cup Hung curd (thick yogurt alternatively)
- ts Butter
For the curry
200 gm butter
- Green Chillies
- ½ inch Ginger
10-15 Soaked cashews
- ts Cumin seeds
- Black pepper
- ts Red Chilli Powder
- ts Coriander Powder
- ½ ts Salt
Handful Coriander leaves with stem
- ½ Cup Water
- ts Butter
- We will start with making diagonal incisions on the chicken pieces followed by puncturing the chicken with fork or needle.
- Now moving forward with our first marinate, lets add 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 02 tablespoon red chilli powder, 01 ½ Tablespoon salt & one lemon juice. Now mix it well and keep aside for 10 mins.
- For second margination add half cup hung curd, red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon salt & 02 tablespoon clarified butter. Mix well with hands and refrigerate the mixture for minimum of 04 hours to 24 hours.
- Now grill the chicken for 40 to 50 minutes on both sides. We need to grill it on high rack for first 20 to 30 minutes & later shift it to the lower rack for rest of the grilling. Do brush the chicken with butter every 15 minutes to avoid getting the chicken dry.
- For gravy lets first dry roast our spices i.e. Cumin seeds, black pepper, cloves, garlic, ginger & chillies. After roasting this for about 01 minute grind this to a fine mixture.
- Cut tomatoes and onion roughly (approx. 01 inch).
- Add approx. 02 tablespoon of butter in a pan/wok and add the spice mix followed by adding the tomatoes, onions & coriander stems.
- Cover the lid now and steam it for approx. 05 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the remaining chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste & salt. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now let the mixture cool down for few minutes or add hald cup cold water and grind in a mixture to very fine paste.
- Strain the paste to extract the juices and further cook the juices with 03 tablespoon butter for about 5 minutes.
- Now add 1 ½ cup water and cook it for 5 minutes. Add the grilled chicken to this gravy and cook well for about 15 minutes on low