International Convention Centre Sydney management took their sales pitch a little closer to home on June 25 with briefings to Sydney-based business event planners in a breakfast and then evening soiree on the latest details on the venue that will open in December 2016.
The events held at the NSW Art Gallery included a presentation in the morning briefing from the NSW Minister for Transport and Infrastructure, Andrew Constance, and ICC Sydney CEO, Geoff Donaghy, who backed up his welcome later that day.
In his address, Mr Constance said there were currently 70 infrastructure projects happening in Sydney right now, with the ICC Sydney the jewel in the crown.
Mr Donaghy said the new venue would be open in December 2016 but not before it had been put through its paces with a series of 20 test events in the months prior.
The local industry briefings came just after ICC Sydney announcing its latest staff appointments: director of event services, Malu Barrios, director of technology services, Ivan Sanhueza, and director of building services, Johnny Naofal.