As Asia’s leading destination for MICE, Singapore offers plenty of solutions to cater to incentive groups and large scale conventions and exhibitions across the nation. Home to a large number of conventional and unconventional event spaces, Singapore has close to 50,000 hotel rooms with more hotels scheduled to open in 2013. The award winning Changi Airport serves some 100 airlines flying to over 250 cities in about 60 countries and territories worldwide. More than 6500 flights land or depart from Changi each week, with more than 50 million passengers passing through the airport every year.
Singapore has consistently earned accolades for being a dynamic meetings and events destination including the Union of International Associations’ (UIA) Top International Meeting Country and Top International Meeting City (2011), the International Congress and Convention Association’s (ICCA) Asia’s Top Convention City for the 10th consecutive year and 5th Top Convention City in the world for the 2nd consecutive time (2011).
MICE organisers can expect Singapore to deliver one of the highest service standards in Asia. The country’s infrastructure and communications networks are designed to meet business needs. Singapore has been ranked the World’s Second and Asia’s Most Network Ready Country by the Global Information Technology Report 2011/2012.
The Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB), a group of the Singapore Tourism Board, is a member of the BestCities Global Alliance – the world’s first global alliance of convention bureaux with 10 partners in five continents. SECB actively provides customised support to the industries and associations in an effort to provide an unforgettable and unique business event experience.
With a proven track record of successfully securing inaugural events to the country, the SECB has been equally successful in bidding for returning events like Swift International Banking Operations Seminar (Sibos) 2015. At a press conference held in Singapore in July 2012, Sibos head Kris Hendrieckx told micenet ASIA that “Singapore was selected because of its strong reputation as a respected financial hub, its security, location and infrastructure. It certainly ticked many boxes and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has been helpful during the whole process.” It is worth to note that the SECB provides funding support to qualified businesses, companies and associations through
the Business Event in Singapore (BEiS) scheme.
Upcoming Key Conventions in Singapore
- 52nd ACI World Congress
- 79th IFLA World Library & Information Congress (inaugural to Singapore)
- CICILS IPTIC World Pulses Convention
- 37th Annual International Association for Philosophy and Literature Conference 2013
- World Engineer’s Summit 2013 (inaugural to Singapore)
- Global Security Asia Conference
- 22nd IAHR International Symposium on Ice
- 15th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (inaugural to Singapore)
- Swift International Banking Operations Seminar (SIBOS) 2015
- World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology (WCOCD) 2015
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Annual Meeting
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2017
- International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) World Congress 2018
- International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis 2018