Following the Gold Coast earlier this year, the NT has established its own ambassador program designed to secure more business for the Top End and Central Australia.
NT Chief Minister, Adam Giles, made the announcement last week with 16 ambassadors kick-starting the program including mining magnate Gina Rinehart and founder of Orion Expedition Cruises, Sarina Bratton.
Mr Giles said the Northern Territory Business Events Ambassador program brings together 16 of Australia’s leading business and community leaders.
“They have a broad cross section of experiences and expertise and their single goal is promoting the Northern Territory both nationally and on the international stage,” he said.
“These ambassadors will play an important part in helping to build a prosperous economy, one of the key objectives of our `Framing the Future’ blueprint.”
Ambassadors were selected for their influence at the highest level, with their “mission” to bring business events to the NT in fields that have strategic importance to the economic, social and cultural development of the Territory.
- Luke Bowen, executive director, NT Cattlemens Association
- Sarina Bratton, entrepreneur
- Michael Bridge, CEO, AirNorth
- Professor Alan Cass, director, Menzies School of Health
- Lyndon Frearson, general manager, CAT projects
- Daryl Guppy, Founder, Guppytraders
- The Hon. Paul Henderson, BeSpoke Territory
- Simon McKeon – Executive Chairman of Macquarie Group
- Dr Doug McTaggart (member of NTG Economic Development Panel)
- Chen Min, chief representative, China Council for Promotion of International Trade
- Dr Len Notaras AM, executive director of the National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre
- Vicki O’Halloran, Chief Executive Officer, Somerville Community Services
- James Paspaley, executive director Investments, Paspaley Group
- Gina Rinehart, executive chairman, Hancock Prospecting
- Katherine Sarneckis, Chief Executive Officer, Northern Territory Seafood Council
- Ian Smith, Founder, BeSpoke Approach