AIME organisers have released the line-up for its Up Close and Personal education sessions at the February event with presenters including Ita Buttrose, Marita Cheng, Chris Riddell, Kirk Pengilly, Michael Carr-Gregg, Cosentino, Holly Ransom, Brad Seymour and Andre Eikmeier, to name a few.
The sessions are organised in conjunction with the Saxton Speakers Bureau and will run on February 21 and 22.
Full Up Close and Personal Program
Session 1: The Future Now – Tuesday, February 21 – 11am
The futuristic technology we are waiting for has arrived in ways that are invisible to most people. It’s a matter of knowing what to look for. The experts in this session are at the vanguard of these exciting technologies.
- Marita Cheng is the engineering visionary who runs interactive robotics workshops and founded Robogals Global
- Dr Catherine Ball, known as the ‘Dame of Drones’, is recognised as a world pioneer in the application of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- Chris Riddellis a sought after futurist and commentator, as well as renowned strategist and global emerging trend-spotter for businesses and leaders in today’s disrupted world
- Moderator Brad Howarth is the ultimate tech authority, with decades of experience researching and writing on technology for top publications.
Session 2: Global Success In Media And Music… What’s The Link? – Tuesday, February 21 – 1:15pm
Together for the first and only time, two stars will share their insider teachings, exploring links between their respective fields of media and music.
- Twice voted Australia’s most admired woman, Ita Buttrose is a legendary media editor and businesswoman.
- Kirk Pengilly sold over 35 million records worldwide with INXS
- The former NBC reporter and masterful host Sara James will be guiding the conversation of how these two got to the international pinnacles of music and the media – two of the world’s most highly competitive arenas.
Session 3: Mindfulness… Why All The Hype? – Tuesday, February 21 – 3pm
The word on everyone’s lips is mindfulness. Why is it seen as a crucial factor in achieving success?
- Michael Carr-Gregg is one of the country’s highest profile psychologists, and sits on the board of the highly regarded Smiling Mind
- Michael Bunting speaks on leadership and mindfulness at Sydney University’s award winning Exec MBA, in addition to being a highly successful business person
- Moderator Sabina Read is a well-known psychologist, media commentator and communications specialist
- Mindfulness means something else entirely for the magician Cosentino – it’s the difference between suffocating in a flotation tank or rising calmly to the surface.
Session 4: The Cutting Edge Workplace – Wednesday, February 22 – 11am
How can we prepare for tomorrow’s workplace today? What are the changing needs of team members who make up our organisations? How can we continue to engage and serve the needs of stakeholders into 2017, 2018, and beyond?
- Youth leader and millennial expert Holly Ransom
- Global HR guru Lucy Adams
- Annabelle Chauncy, the amazing young leader in the philanthropic space
- Moderating will be Margie Warrell – herself a celebrated expert in workplace dynamics and how to get a team firing.
Session 5: From Little Things Big Things Grow – Wednesday, February 22 – 1:15pm
Few small businesses survive, even fewer scale. This session challenges young businesses to navigate the path of expansion and growth in a disruptive environment.
- Cyan Ta’eed co-founded Envato, which grew from an idea in her parents’ garage to a global business with seven million members and 280 staff
- Brad Seymour built Wizard Home Loans with his business partners into the 5th largest home lender in Australia, and was instrumental in the establishment of the Yellow Brick Road Wealth Management brand
- Andre Eikmeier is co-founder and CEO of Vinomofo – one of Australia’s fastest-growing companies and a leader in innovation, disruption and culture
- Ricardo Goncalves will be moderating this most powerful panel of business influencers.
The visitor registration process to AIME will open up later this week. As you apply you can choose the sessions you would like to book for. Hosted Buyers can select their preferences as part of the HB application process.