Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group recently celebrated the achievements of its 2014 top-performing employees and hotels in the Asia Pacific region at a gala awards dinner as part of the group’s annual Asia Pacific Business Conference, held at Radisson Blu Plaza Chongqing.
Carlson Rezidor president Asia Pacific, Thorsten Kirschke, congratulated all the 2014 award-winners, with top gongs like ‘general manager of the year’ and ‘hotel of the year’.
“Our people are the backbone of our business. They bring our brands to life, shape the guest experience and deliver on our promise.
“I am proud of our team, whose capability and commitment to excellence put us in a strong position as we continue to grow and advance towards our 2020 goal of having 200 hotels in operation across Asia Pacific.”
The ‘general manager of the year award, which recognises leadership, was won by Nishan Silva of Radisson Blu Cebu who has strengthened the positioning of the hotel and its revenue performance. He has been the driving force behind creative marketing concepts, increased brand awareness and business wins involving some of the leading MICE conferences in Asia Pacific.
This year’s employee of the year award was presented to Zeba Razmi, front office executive at Radisson Blu Pune Karadi, for her dedicated work ethic, while the hotel of the year award went to Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World as the team achieved great results in spite of a challenging and competitive operating environment.
Full list of award winners:
- General Manager of the Year: Nishan Silva, Radisson Blu Cebu
- Employee of the Year: Zeba Razmi, front office executive, Radisson Blu Pune Kharadi
- Hotel of the Year: Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
- Country Inns & Suites Hotel of the Year: Country Inns & Suites Goa Candolim
- New Hotel of the Year: Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok
- President’s Award: Radisson Blu Hotel Kashgar
- Golden Rose Award: Valerie Cheng, manager, Hotel Finance, Asia Pacific
- Sales Team of the Year: Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Responsible Business Hotel of the Year: Radisson Blu Nagpur
- Yes I Can! Award: Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar