Established in 1992, World Corporate Travel (wct) is an award winning event management and corporate travel company. Wct is a privately owned business with a close working team and the business is dedicated to excellence through a wealth of creative travel skills, knowledge, industry contacts and leading technology.
Boutique and with a real focus on personal service, the wct event team specialises in producing conferences, incentive programs, unique one-off events, exhibitions and group travel management for a variety of clients.
Wct offers a diverse array of services to a variety of clients and industry sectors. The team are passionate about taking on new challenges and are looking for an experienced event manager to join the fold.
The office is situated in Milsons Point right opposite the Station.
The role will involve:
- Working with wct’s managing director to successfully deliver conferences, events and group travel programs from initial conception through to final billing.
- Management of client projects which includes, but is not limited to: destination/venue research, development of proposals, completion of tender applications, creation of event concepts, budgets, catering, entertainment, social functions, building hotel rooming lists, transfer bookings, all onsite documents and more. You won’t get bored!
- Operating with autonomy and confidence, making day-to-day decisions on work priorities and managing your personal workload (seeking guidance from the managing director when required).
- The development and ongoing maintenance of registration sites, portals, databases and apps via EventsAIR. Wct prides itself on technology management and is at the forefront of using the EventsAIR management platform. In this role, it is vital that you are passionate about using new technology solutions for clients, embrace new updates and are eager to try out new features in the program as they become available.
- Full account management of events including budget development, invoicing and reconciliation
- Ongoing liaison with clients and program suppliers such as hotels, offsite venues, airlines, entertainment companies, speakers, transfer companies, DMCs and more.
- The ability to build strong and trusting relationships with people is a must.
- Ensuring customer expectations are continuously met and exceeded.
- The onsite delivery of event programs which may involve some domestic and international travel.
- Managing wct social media accounts.
- Coordinating group and individual travel where required.
Requirements of the suitable candidate:
- Minimum three years’ experience within the meeting and events industry as a coordinator or manager (please note this is not an entry level position).
- Solid experience using EventsAIR or similar event software.
- Tech savvy and not afraid to bring new tech solutions to the table.
- Proactive – you like to sink your teeth in and don’t wait for someone to give you your next task.
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication skills (both verbal and written) and personal presentation.
- Strong computer skills – MS office experience is a must.
- Ability to manage your workload, work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in your day to day work.
- Strategic yet creative thinker with an eager approach to problem solving.
- Confidence working both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and manage group and/or individual travel requirements (past experience working in travel or using GDS system a bonus).
- Organised, fun and go-getting personality who takes new challenges in their stride.
- High levels of customer service and the care factor.
- Availability to travel occasionally for onsite delivery of programs.
If you are interested and think you would excel in this position, please email your resume through to email@example.com.
Please note, only applicants with the right to work full-time in Australia will be considered for this position. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted due to the volume of applications expected.
Applications close Friday, May 10 at 5:30 pm.