An opportunity to win a cruise on P&O’s Pacific Aria, sailing 8-15 September 2017
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The prize is provided by P&O Cruises Australia (P&O). The Promoter is BT Publishing, ABN 34 091 479 720, Suite 804, 122 Arthur Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 3.30pm on 27 April 2017 and closes at 5.00pm on 24 May 2017 (Promotional Period).
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
8. Winners will be notified by email by 29 May 2017.
How to Enter
9. To enter, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, visit the competition landing page on our website www.mice.net.au/article/pocompetition and complete all details in the questionnaire, including answering in 25 words or less, why you think you should win (the Entry).
10. By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry:
a. is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
b. does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person;
c. does not include (or link to) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
d. does not include (or link to) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include (or link to) any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so; and
e. contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the Promoter’s website, this competition or any network or third party computer systems.
11. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant.
12. This promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winner will be selected based on the most original and creative Entry.
13. Judging will take place at the end of the Promotional Period at Suite 804, 122 Arthur Street, North Sydney, 2060 at 5.00pm on 26 May 2017. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner will be notified by email. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by 31 May 2017 by replying to the notification email. If a winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The new winner will be notified by email and must confirm acceptance of the prize by 02 June 2017.
15. The most original and creative Entry, according to the judges, will win a 7 night P&O cruise for two people on board Pacific Aria sailing 8 – 15 September 2017. The winner will depart Brisbane and visit Noumea, Mare and Port Vila. The prize includes one suite room with balcony with a separate sitting area, all on board main meals including a dining experience at Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill, and other specialty restaurants such as Angelos, Dragon Lady, Waterfront and Pantry. The prize will also include a premium beverage package for each person, one hour spa treatment (massage or facial) for two people and priority check in. The prize includes:
a. 7 nights’ accommodation in a suite room for two people;
b. onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge) including a dining experience at Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill, and other specialty restaurants such as Angelos, Dragon Lady, Waterfront and Pantry for two people; and
c. Selected onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for two people.
d. Premium beverage package for each person and a one hour spa treatment (massage or facial) for two people plus priority check in for two people
16. Total prize pool value is up to AUD $6,696
17. The prize does not include flights and/or transfers to and/or from the departure port of Brisbane. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the responsibility of the winner and will not be borne by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken from 8 – 15 September 2017.
18. The winner and their travelling companion must be over the age of 18. Alcohol consumption and gambling onboard are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age or older.
19. Each winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary and valid travel documentation including passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and their travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
20. The prize must be taken on 8 September 2017 which will mark the commencement of the cruise. The prize is only available on this date and cannot be changed. If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on the nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
21. Standard terms and conditions of travelling with P&O will apply, including any applicable age restrictions. See P&O Booking and Passage Conditions at https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions which passengers will be bound by.
22. P&O reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling companion to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if it determines in its absolute discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companion are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize, or if they pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of any other passenger.
23. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, P&O, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject and/or remove from access by the public or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best valid Entry.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter and P&O using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by P&O.
29. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
30. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law the Promoter: Is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
31. To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion. All entrants participating in this promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the Promoter by email. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
32. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s travel companion or entrant; or (f) attendance at the prize event.
33. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
34. P&O makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
35. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner and his/her travelling companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by P&O in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
37. When entering this Promotion, you agree to release Facebook from all liability and claims arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that your Entry must be in accordance with Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and can be removed at any time by the Promoter or otherwise in accordance with Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
38. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter. When entering the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
39. The laws of NSW apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.