Introducing Asia’s premier convention hotel and destination in Macau – Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central.
Achieving a historic milestone, Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, opens to become the largest hotel for both Macau and Starwood’s global portfolio.
With 1,829 rooms in the Sky Tower launched during opening and another 2,067 rooms in the Earth Tower opening by the first quarter of 2013, Sheraton Macao Hotel will have nearly 4,000 stylish guest rooms and suites to accommodate delegations of almost any size. And with 14,000 square metres of meeting space with access to a further 5,000 square metres within Sands Cotai Central, Sheraton Macao Hotel gives meeting planners plenty to smile about.
“We like to think of Sheraton as the world’s gathering place. Sheraton is the leading hotel brand in this region and an ideal fit for this spectacular new hotel in Macau. And what a combination: Starwood’s largest brand in the world’s fastest growing hotel market,” remarked Starwood Hotels & Resorts President and Chief Executive Officer, Frits van Paasschen.
Gathering place for any number
Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central upholds Sheraton’s reputation of being the world’s gathering place, whatever the size of a delegation may be. Every meeting, no matter how small, is well looked after and tailor-made to feel exclusive by an extensive team of meeting professionals. Furthermore, Sheraton Macao Hotel enjoys strong relationships with local event companies, professional exhibition and conference organisers, destination management companies and team building specialists to ensure clients’ expectations are exceeded.
With an extensive inventory of accommodation and meeting spaces, the hotel offers tremendous versatility for meetings and events of almost any size, from small intimate groups to large conventions. Its size also opens up new opportunities in terms of the associations segment for Macau as it is able to host mega-size congresses under one roof.
The pillar-less Kashgar Grand Ballroom and six junior ballrooms, in addition to three junior ballrooms at Sands Cotai Central, bring the total flexible event space to 19,215 square metres. There are 166 meeting rooms of every size that can accommodate anywhere from a board meeting for 12 to a grand 5,000 guest list, theatre-style. There are even hospitality suites available for small and intimate meetings.
Dedicated team on hand
Sheraton Macao Hotel is one of the only hotels in Asia with a dedicated team of professionals to target the association meetings segment. Being one of a few hotels in Asia large enough to host large-scale meetings with thousands of delegates under one roof, the hotel has a specialised team of professionals to oversee this new potential market.
“The associations’ team will be dedicated solely to the pursuit of the association segment as our hotel has such a unique proposition with our ability to house thousands of delegates under one roof, offering organisers simplified logistics both in the pre-planning stage and during the actual program,” shares Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, director of sales – associations, Corinne Janssen.
Every event is assigned a dedicated event manager who will oversee its smooth running and ensure that clients’ expectations are exceeded. And with the availability of conference and meeting technology that showcase the most efficient and highest quality of sound, light and business presentation needs, Sheraton Macao Hotel makes sure that everything a client needs is on hand.
Sheraton Macao Hotel events
Since opening in September 2012, Sheraton Macao Hotel has hosted several large and smaller events that have delighted even the most discerning delegates.
- Dine around event at Bene, Feast, Xin and PalmS. A fun and dynamic way of trying out the hotel’s diverse food and beverage options and creative presentations.
- Gala dinner in Kashgar Grand Ballroom. Impressive reception for a variety of occasions – from grand gala dinners and international conferences to intimate meetings.
- Opening ceremony at the Jaya pool. Three pool decks that have been creatively transformed to an outdoor black tie event. The success and raving feedback of the event prove that the hotel can cater to the most challenging client requests.
- Outside catering for Starwood MICE Advisory Board. Sheraton Macao Hotel chefs demonstrated their world-class skills and flexibility as they set up a kitchen outside the hotel to prepare an exceptional dinner in Macau’s special heritage in town.
- PCO familiarisation trip. Some 40 PCOs came to experience the hotel through team building, dine arounds, and an exclusive “Silver Light” theme gala dinner that is one of Sheraton Macao Hotel’s own and special theme.